Organize Sanayi Bölgesi, Lacivert Cad.
No:6 16065 Nilüfer, Bursa / TÜRKİYE
Phone : +90-224-294 75 00
Fax : +90-224-294 75 49
Fibermak Momentum Gen-3 - New Generation Fiber Laser
The Fibermak, built for long-life with precision components and its rigid construction, is able to work continuously and precisely in the most severe conditions.
What is Laser?
A Laser is the abbreviation of “Light Amplification of Stimulated Emission of Radiation.“
The Foundation of the Laser depends on thephotons, which are created by electron transfers between different energy levelled particles.
Internal structure of laser unit
The ytterbium laser light is created inside the laser unit. Laser light created at the resonator is transferred to the cutting head by fiber-optic cable without loss of power or quality. In this way laser light with a high beam quality appropriate for metal cutting is provided.
Sheet metal working with a Fiber Laser
Sheet metal processing is one way of using the laser light beam. The latest technology in flat sheet metal working machinery is the solid state laser, also known as the Fiber Laser.
Brief description of cutting with Fiber: Laser light created in the resonator is transferred flawlessly by fiber-optic cable to the surface of the sheet. The cutting process begins when laser light and assist gases (oxygen, nitrogen or compressed air) are focused on the material. With the help of proven technology tables all axes are controlled precisely and parts are processed without the need for manual intervention.
Advantages of fiber laser
- Fiber laser cutting is the fastest process for thin sheet metal.
- The cutting process is done with higher quality compared to other options. A “clean cut” surface quality is obtained.
- Reflective materials like aluminium, copper and brass can be cut with ease.
- Excellent surface quality is obtained on mild steel up to 15 mm with a 2 kW resonator and up to 20 mm with 3 kW and 4 kW.
- Part process cost is very low.
- Little to no maintenance costs.
- Consumable part cost is low. The only parts that need to be changed are nozzles, ceramics and lens protection glasses over long periods. There are no other consumable costs.
- Resonator life is over 100.000 hours.
- Drives, encoders, and rails have to be placed on precision surfaces. Even the slightest defects can cause serious damage to drives and encoders. This is why, main body of Fibermak is machined perfectly on Travelling duel Column Soraluce CNC machine towers.
- Encoders, linear motors and rails on linear model machines and rack & pinions and rails on Servo motor machines are machined on CNC machines with micron-rated precision. This is the foundation of the high tolerance processing achieved with the Fibermak.
- 4 Axis (X, Y, U, Z)
- Servo Motor
- Auto - focus cutting head
- 2 kW Laser Source
- Chiller Unit
- Clean-dry air system
- Safety Cabinet
- Automatic-Dual Shuttle Table
- CAD/CAM Software (Lantek, Metalix, Almacam)
- 15’’ Touchscreen Controller
- Warning Lamp
- Nozzle Set
SINGLE CABLE SERVO MOTOR TECHNOLOGY
Fibermak has 4 servo motors for all axial movements. These are the latest technology single cable servo motors.
Power and process data are transmitted in one standard motor cable, significantly reducing costs.
This technology also gives more accurate positioning and more geometrically accurate parts.
Servo Motor Fibermak:
is a unique machine having ultra low energy consumption and very fast cutting capability with minimum maintenance cost.
MAIN ADVANTAGES OF SERVO MOTOR SYSTEMS
- Low investment cost for a high performance machine
- Low energy consumption
- Easy repair and maintenance
- Low repair needs
- High linear rigidity
- The ytterbium laser light is created inside the laser unit. Excitation is performed by laser diodes enabling high efficiency with low costs. Laser light created at the resonator is transferred to the cutting head by a fiberoptic cable without loss of power or quality. This provides a high beam quality appropriate for metal cutting. The Power range of resonator source is between 500W and 6 kW. As the wattage increases so does the cutting speed and capacity respectively.
- The Power range of resonator source is between 500W and 6 kW. As the wattage increases so does the cutting speed and capacity respectively.
- Fiber Lasers are inherently made for maintenance free production. The importance is sustainable diode life lasting approximately 100,000 hours.
- In any defective situation, part changing is easy because modules are designed for plug-n-play.
The chiller unit cools the laser source, the linear motors, and collimation unit: inside the cutting head.
It provides a convenient working area by absorbing little particles and smokes occur while in production. It automatically works once the cutting starts.
The suction cells open actively according to the cutting heads position. This provides accurate absorption.
Fibermak’s automation equipment modules consist of Drivers, IO units, height sensor, focal unit, Shuttle table equipment etc. and their connections.
The automation Board enables the correct connection and cabling in the system resulting in a less defective ratio.
The conveyor is situated under the cutting area where small parts and scraps drop to a wheeled container.
It has two dynamic tables allowing continuously production while processing goes on. The operator collects cut parts and loads the next material for processing. Fully automated loading – unloading systems.
Shuttle with the balance control system.
The balanced control provides smooth vertical movements for each shuttle table ensuring a controlled descent with heavy loads, preventing the collapse of parts.
- The laser beam is delivered to the cutting head by fiber optic cable.
- The fiber optic cable is fixed to the input of cutting head.
- The laser is delivered to the focusing unit after being aligned in the collimator.
- The laser beam is set to desired focus using the lenses in the focusing unit.
- The protection glass protects the lenses from the particles which are caused by the cutting operation.
- The sensor insert is part of the elevation control system and helps to adjust the distance between material and cutting head.
- Elevation control is checked with the most precise sensors in the market. This helps to produce better cuts.
- The main function of the ceramic is to protect the cutting head.
- The nozzle is used to control the assist gases. It is also a part of the capacitive control system.
FIBERMAK Momentum Gen-2 is designed to cut different thicknesses and types of materials such as steel, stainless steel, aluminum, brass, copper and galvanized steel.
Perfect cut quality is achieved by precise cutting parameters prepared by Ermaksan engineers. When necessary, the operator can also change the parameters.
Laser unit can be selected between 500 W to 6 kW. Selection of the laser cutting unit power, directly relates to the thickness and cutting speeds of the machine. The following table shows a list of the materials that can be cut by the FIBERMAK.
TECHNOLOGY ADVANTAGE OF FIBERMAK
- Powerful motors give high acceleration and speed
The most time loss is during the cutting and movement between the parts. Here, the acceleration of the axes is very important. Fibermak servo motor machines run, 1.5 G acceleration and 2.4 m/sec speed, linear motor machines run 2.5 G acceleration and 2.8 m/ sec speed. This provide a serious time advantage passing through the parts.
- Lift type transition enables high-speed movement between partsVelocity and accelaration speed is important while moving between the parts. FIBERMAK Momentum Gen-2 uses part and aperture avoidance, raising the cutting head in the cycle, which allows you to reach maximum speed.
The cutting of part A is finished, the head moves to part B. The cutting head uses maximum acceleration and speed by using an Arc movement.
- Ultra fast communication with EtherCAT
Using EtherCAT connections allows for ultra fast communication result in the faster control. Increasing the speed of control, ie Laser on/off speed, gas on/off speed etc. increases cutting capacities.
- Fly-CUT feature
Both circular and equilateral parts can be cut with Fly-Cut feature of Fibermak Momentum Gen-2.
- Cutting processing is performed with active G code structure within minimum duration
G code flow is important when performing any action on the Fibermak with a CNC controller. G code flow on the Fibermak is designed to achieve the desired result using the shortest route. The time loss is minimized during operational transitions.
- It provides high- acceleration and fast motion with high power motors.
- Ultra fast communication with EtherCAT.
- Lift passing-type provides an ultra high transition between parts.
- For thin material: No Pierce, No Lead In, prevents unnecessary time and energy loss.
- Processing is performed with active G code structure
- You can prevent time and energy loss while cutting thin materials by using No Pierce and No Lead In features.
Fibermak Momentum Gen-2 incorporates fast part processing techniques allowing you to save time and reduce energy waste during production.
- Cutting with No Pierce (Hole-less Cutting)
Cutting thin sheet metal without piercing gives a significant economic advantage.
- Cutting with No Lead In
No Lead In is cutting without passing, providing much faster cutting speeds.
- Linear motor technology
- 3 kW, 4 kW and 6 kW laser source options
- Extraction unit.
- Light protection barrier
- Air conditioner for automation panel
- Metalix, Almacam etc. CAD/CAM software
SPARE PARTS AND TECHNICAL SERVICE
Ermaksan’s technical service department can assist customers using remote support. Machine software can be updated and any possible problems can be examined when accessed by the technicians through the remote access feature.
The best of the German Technology is used in all control units within the system. Installing spare parts is quite simple. All products designed as modular plug and play, therefore you can easily replaced.
Spare parts are available at short notice. Spare part and technical service/support is available in 62 countries around the World. All used parts and spare parts are guaranteed to be supplied for 10 years.
LINEAR ENGINE TECHNOLOGY (Optional)
Linear motor technology is used on Fibermak’s bridge movement
The working principle of the Linear Engine
The working principle of the Linear Motor is based upon the laws of magnetism. Two magnets apply force to each other when placed face to face. If opposite poles are placed, the magnets will pull together, if same poles are placed magnets will push apart.
The priciple of movement
The moving part of a linear motor is directly coupled to the machine load, saving space, simplifying machine design, eliminating backlash, and removing potential failure sources: Ballscrew systems, couplings, belts, or other mechanical transmissions. Finally, the bandwidth and the stiffness of the motion system are much higher, giving better positional repeatability and accuracy over unlimited travel at higher speeds.
- High velocity and acceleration
- Zero maintenance cost
- Micron-sensible positioning control
On Linear Motors, position information is read from linear encoders by an optical receiver.
Linear motors are working in a frictionless environment.
- Rapid speed and acceleration.
- The controller lets the operator command the machine.
- The controller is durable to all environmental effects like shock, vibration, dirt, moisture, high temp, electromagnetic zone, harsh usage etc.
- Active touch screen and functional keyboard.
- Short cut buttons provide ease-of-use. You can access the desired functions faster and easier. The buttons can be set to any desired function.
- Speed adjustment potentiometer allows you to adjust the axes velocities even during the cutting operation.
USER FRIENDLY BUTTONS
- Any function programmed with the user friendly buttons, can be operated with one key.
- Provides automatic shuttle table control, conveyor, extraction unit, laser unit control, focus reference, HSU calibration, shut down and service positions, etc..
- Specific functions are easily reached with user friendly buttons, instead of surfing through the pages in HMI monitor.
LANTEK EXPERT CUT CAD/CAM SOFTWARE
- All the options of Lantek Expert are fully integrated in one single program: designing a part, importing, nesting (automatic or manual), generating the cut (automatic or manual), generating the CNC etc. will be achieved from the same program without switching.
- Production Management Processes: Lantek Expert is ready for connection to production management systems (ERP) by means of automatic processes.
- Teamwork: Available for operation as a standalone productivity cell, or as part of a network system.
- Part Management and sheet store with open databases: All part info is saved and organized in databases so that users can easily locate the part and sheet required. The remnant automatically generated by the system is saved in the sheet inventory like any other sheet metal and can be used for future jobs.
- Large library of parametric parts
- Calculation of real time and cost: Lantek Expert calculates cutting time and cost of the entire sheet. Taking into account the number of piercings, the cut length, the mark length, the material costs, the hourly machine rate, the cost of consumables are based on the machine data.
- 2D design. Lantek Expert includes advanced options for geometry and editing.
- Manual and automatic nesting with great flexibility and maximum performance.
- The perfect combination of automatic and semiautomatic nesting along with powerful manual nesting functions like: copying, moving, rotating, adjoining, etc
- Lantek Expert’s automatic nesting optimises to the maximum arrangement of parts on the sheet.
- Lantek Expert generates nestings on remnants. Just like for sheets, margins can be defined for remnants.
- Lantek Expert Cut allows to configure and manage the type and value of lead-in/lead outs for different types of contours.
- Common line cutting can be achieved on several parts or just limit to pairs of parts. With microjoints and pre-cuts.
- It detects errors in the design and machining.
- Lantek Expert Cut has automatic lead-ins, manual and automatic cutting, machining copy, customised machine configuration, and postprocessor for all types of machine.
- Excellent flexibility and maximum performance
- Minimum parts consumption
- Design error detection
- Real-time and cost calculation
- On request instead of Lantek, Metalix, Almacam or similar CAD/CAM software is standard.
USER FRIENDLY (interface)
- Job repeat, sheet and angle detection
Starting point and sheet angle detection are all features of the Fibermak.
- Only Pierce feature
Achieve high-quality cuts while cutting thick sheets.
- Online parameter changing
Operator can make changes to the parameters during the cutting process.
- Graphical chase with NC Graphic
Watching the real time cutting process graphically with NC Graphics.
- Practical solutions
Axis move to the start point with pressing just one button.
- Burning film
You can find various film burning options
- Instant quality control
You can check the quality of the cut parts instantly
- Work report at PDF format
You can keep detailed work report as PDF of the cutting process.
- Record All errors
All errors and warnings are recorded by the machine.
- Wireless connection and service
You can connect to the machine remotely whenever needed with an Internet connection provided by wireless modem, USB type adapter or 3G modem.
- Delete failure
If an alarm sound during cutting process the machine stops automatically. After the problem has been fixed the operator can delete the error and continue production.
- One Shot via HMI
You can easily make laser focal adjustment with one shot feature.
- Running LaserNET from HMI
LaserNET program which provide to reach the informations with Laser unit also can be running via HMI.
- Focus tests
Focus optimization can be made manually via HMI. IT makes easier to access technical service, one-shot focus etc.
- Real-time I/O informing
The digital-analog I/O information can be seen in real-time via HMI.
- Rapid changing during the cut
You can reduce or increase the speed during the cutting process.
- Inch-Meter conversion
Fibermak can work in both inch and metric.
As standard includes English, German, French, Russian, İtalian, Spanish, Dutch and Arabic.
- CAD/CAM programs
CAD/CAM programs such as Lantek, Metalix and Almacam can all be used.
- Gas control with PID
Faster, better and more precise cuts with PID.
- Easy interface design
- User Friendly
- Control from single-point
- Practical solutions